SAFETY RULES FOR SCHOOL BUS RIDERS
Riding the Bus:
Waiting for the Bus:
- Drivers will pick up students only at assigned bus stops.
- Help the buses stay on schedule. Be at your stop 10 minutes early.
- Be considerate of private property. Stay off the lawns of homes near the bus stop.
- Stay off the road while waiting for your bus.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before trying to get aboard. Do not push or crowd when getting on the bus.
Leaving the Bus:
- Always cross the street in front of the bus where the driver can see you.
- Stay a safe distance away from the side of the bus.
- Drivers will drop off students only at assigned bus stops. Kindergarten students must have a parent or responsible adult at the bus stop to receive them each day. If there is someone different picking up a student at the bus stop, please inform the driver and the transportation department.
Riding the bus is a privilege. Students must follow the same code of conduct that is in place for the school district. These rules help ensure safe bus transportation for students and the bus drivers. Students who violate these safety regulations may be excluded from riding the bus. Parents are responsible for transporting their child to and from school if the child has been excluded from bus transportation.